Saturday, May 2, 2009

Here it is!!.....The teaser anyway

Chapter 4
Tossing and turning, Salise kept going through different scenarios and different plans that involved Valsa being unconscious and then Salise rescuing her. Finally, Salise jumped out of bed, went to her wardrobe, and starting rummaging around in the bottom. "Oh where did I put that effin' black box?? Why in the world did I-my gosh I need to clean this out! Wait, wait, concentrate! Find black box, find black box!" Salise kept chanting this mantra over and over until finally, with a cry of delight, she emerged from her wardrobe with a medium-sized black box. "Good lord, I'll need to clean that wardrobe out after I get done with this matter." Sitting down on her bed, she set the box in front of her and then took a key out of her night-
dress. Taking the key, she put it in the lock and slowly turned it. A slight click, a small sigh of relief, and then the fragrance of flowers drifted into the room. "Yes!" squealed Salise as she dug her hand through papers and other little trinkets that she had kept for years. Finally, her hand closed upon a small, red, velvet pouch. "Oh dear gods, let this still be working," she breathed as her hand opened the pouch and took out a small, octagonal box. She gently opened it and a small peep, with a sudden strong scent of flowers, was heard. "Hello, my sweet, how have you been these past few years?" Salise said to a tiny thing in the box. Suddenly, a very tiny faerie hopped out of the box and started to peep...quite loudly. Salise sat there quietly until the little faerie dropped into the palm of her hand out of exhaustion. "Now, deary, I need you to do something for me." This statement was met with a strong peep of annoyance. "Please, just one more time and then I'll let you go. I promise." A small peep was given in reply and the little faerie turned her back to Salise. "Yes, I sincerely promise to let you go after you do this one thing for me, so help me all faeries." A few short peeps were given in reply and then the little faerie was quiet. "OK, now I need you to fly to the prisons and find out if my friend Valsa is there. Can you do this for me?" An indignant peep was given, and the little faerie was gone. "Oh yes...now I should be able to help her," sighed Salise with relief. "Well, back to bed now that I can sleep peacefully."

No comments:

Post a Comment